ORIC’s mission is:
- To contribute to improvements in professional practice through dissemination of research knowledge.
- To focus on the projects and commercialize the maximum content of research.
- To engage in research to contribute to development of economy, professional practice and technology.
ORIC affirms the broad mission of Iqra University in promoting advance research education for the under-graduate and post-graduate studies with an intention to enhance the value of Iqra University.
Major objectives of ORIC are:
- To grow research efforts, innovation and generate revenues by commercialising it.
- To create awareness regarding product development, industrial design or sourcing among students.
- Strengthening the relationship between university and industry.
- To attract potential investors from the industry to help incubator companies in accelerating their business.
- Maintaining stature of Iqra University by strengthening international linkages.
Role and Responsibilities of ORIC
- Understanding the operations of academic research –how to preserve them, how to solve the problems that arise in them, and how to capitalize on their strengths–is one of ORIC’s primary role and responsibility.
- To undertake research activities as directed by the HEC.
- To engage students and organize conferences, workshops, trainings for faculty, students and alumni.
- To promote and facilitate quality research with commercialization aspect.
- To create maximum benefit for industry, keeping in focus the on-going trends.
- Building and sustaining relationships between internal and external stakeholders.
- Securing IP rights (Patents, copyrights, designs and trademarks).
IU-ORIC acts as a hub of research activities, and enthusiastically manages the inflow and outflow of innovative and modern exchange of knowledge with industry and academia. With reference to the mission, IU-ORIC is accountable of guaranteeing that all research programs and policies reflect the core values of academic freedom, integrity and ethical conduct and full compliance with all policies, legal requirements and operational standards of the university.